NYC & COMPANY INVITES NEW YORKERS TO DISCOVER TIMES SQUARE NOW AND REVITALIZE THE CROSSROADS OF THE WORLD
——Earn Up to $100 Back and Enjoy Savings at Iconic Hotels, Museums, Attractions, Restaurants and More at Participating “All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways” Businesses ——
New York City (October 26, 2020) — NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the five boroughs of New York City, is inviting New Yorkers to take an “NYC-cation” at the Crossroads of the World, in the heart of Times Square. With many deals to take advantage of, now is an attractive time to take a staycation in Times Square and the surrounding blocks, to visit some of the most iconic hotels, attractions, museums, shopping and dining that Midtown Manhattan has to offer.
While planning an “NYC-cation” in Times Square, New Yorkers are encouraged to explore NYC & Company’s latest All In NYC: Staycation Guides and earn up to $100 in Mastercard statement credits by taking advantage of the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways promotion, NYC & Company’s most diverse, flexible and expansive lineup of offers ever, with more than 250 ways to save across the five boroughs.
"Now is the time for New Yorkers to re-experience Times Square… for its iconic lights, rich history, hidden gems, world-renowned dining and unique branded retail and attractions. While we can’t travel out, we should seize this moment and take advantage of the Neighborhood Getaway deals to book a hotel and play tourist with an ‘NYC-cation’ at the Crossroads of the World,” said NYC & Company President and CEO Fred Dixon.
Since summer, Times Square has seen a 60% increase in pedestrian traffic, with more than 100,000 people currently visiting Times Square each day. Some of the current deals being offered in Times Square include the Taste of Times Square pre-fixe meal discount, free dining with a hotel stay, and BOGO ticket deals at some of the most popular attractions and tours.
“Now is a great time to explore the hidden gems of Times Square and we're calling on New Yorkers #AllInNYC,” said Tim Tompkins, President of the Times Square Alliance. “Make a weekend out of it and explore art tucked in unexpected places like the Max Neuhaus sound installation at the subway grates near 46th Street and Broadway and the Plastic Bag Store, enjoy a delicious and unique dining experience at our restaurants participating in Taste of Times Square Week through October 30, and spend the night at a hotel you’ve never experienced. Now is your chance to take back Times Square and remember why it dazzles so many.”
New Yorkers exploring the five boroughs are encouraged to wear masks, practice social distancing and frequently wash/sanitize hands, as indicated in NYC & Company’s Stay Well NYC Pledge. Due to capacity restrictions and social distancing guidelines, it is recommended that guests purchase tickets for activities in advance.
Below is a brief selection of staycation ideas in Times Square to enjoy:
- Stay at a historic New York City hotel such as The Knickerbocker Hotel and the New York Marriott Marquis on Broadway, or Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel located on Seventh Avenue between 52nd and 53rd Street. Both hotels have hosted Hollywood’s finest, U.S. presidents and sports legends.
- Currently, these hotels are offering parking inclusive packages through the All in NYC: Neighborhood Getaways promotion.
- For a classic view of Manhattan, stay at the InterContinental New York Times Square which sits 36 stories above Times Square on 44th Street between Eight and Ninth Avenues, or at the Millennium Times Square New York which sits 16 stories on top of 44th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues.
- The Intercontinental is offering a no commitment “Book Now, Pay Later” special, allowing guests the option to skip a deposit and have the ability to cancel up to one day before your stay. The Millennium is offering 15% off your stay as well as free parking through All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
- Make it a luxurious extended stay in an iconic Midtown location, with AKA Times Square and AKA Central Park both offering fully furnished suites complete with full kitchens and spacious living areas, available for reservations of seven nights or more.
- Stay near one of the most iconic New York City buildings, the Empire State Building, and lots of shops and restaurants, at The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue.
- Guests can enjoy “The Langham Loves the Empire State” package as part of All in NYC: Neighborhood Getaways, which includes two VIP passes to the Empire State Building, daily in-room breakfast for two guests, and complimentary daily parking.
- With 86 bedrooms and suites individually designed by British designer Kit Kemp, The Whitby Hotel is conveniently located on 56th Street at Fifth Avenue, a short walk from Times Square.
- Through All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways, enjoy a staycation package including a guaranteed upgrade, complimentary bottle of champagne, breakfast in bed, and more.
- Stay at Cambria Hotel New York- Times Square, Holiday Inn New York City – Times Square or Homewood Suites by Hilton/Midtown Manhattan Times Square South for some of the most centrally located stays in Manhattan, just blocks away from Rockefeller Center, Herald Square, Central Park and MoMA.
- Take advantage of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways for 20% off your stay at Cambria Hotel and Homewood Suites’ special packages.
Arts & Culture:
- Rediscover some of New York’s most famous cultural institutions near Times Square, including The Museum of Modern Art or St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- MoMA is offering free admission for children and St. Patrick’s Cathedral is offering a buy one get one free deal for their audio tours, as part of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
- Times Square is often home to public art exhibits, with two currently on display. The Plastic Bag Store will be stocked with thousands of hand-sculpted items to show the enduring effects of single-use plastics and the Midnight Moment in Times Square continues as the world’s largest, longest-running digital art exhibition.
- A well-kept Times Square secret that few visitors stop to notice is Max Neuhaus' sound installation, which is a constant “hum” on the triangular pedestrian island located at Broadway between 45th and 46th Streets, representing the constant business of the City.
- At Doris C. Freedman Plaza, you can see Sam Moyer’s newest creation Doors for Doris, a Public Art Fund free sculpture exhibit which is made from the same stones that helped build New York City.
- Right in Times Square are two favorite attractions of any Manhattan visitor: Madame Tussauds New York, where you can see your favorite celebrities as wax statues, and Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, where you can learn about the “unbelievable and unexplained.”
- Currently, Madame Tussauds is offering $17 off admission and Ripley’s Believe it or Not! is offering 20% off admission when you mention the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways promotion.
- Take in sweeping views of New York City at some of its most popular and iconic observation decks, Top of the Rock and The Empire State Building.
- Top of the Rock is offering 20% off admission and The Empire State Building is offering a combination ticket for both the 86th & 102nd Floor observatories as part of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
- Spyscape: Interactive Spy Museum, smack in the middle of Midtown, is a 60,000-square-foot museum featuring fictional characters such as #007 James Bond and educational experiences based on world history including Edward Snowden, the FBI’s hunt for the KGB, and much more.
- Locals can take advantage of the museum’s buy one ticket, get one 50% off deal through All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
- Taste of Times Square is back with 20 restaurants participating from October 23-30, offering 3-course prix fixe menus at $35. Also in Times Square is the newly-opened Krispy Kreme flagship – look out for the famous red “hot light” and stop by for a freshly made donut.
- Looking for a great date night option? Michelin star rated restaurant Le Bernardin offers a Chef’s Tasting menu with a wine pairing option. Or, take your date night to Paris and enjoy the French cuisine at Gabriel Kreuther Restaurant near Bryant Park. You and your date can also take a stroll through Central Park before dinner at Thomas Keller’s iconic Per Se, or after enjoying weekend brunch at Marea.
- Empire Steakhouse is also offering a three-course menu with various options for starters, entrees and desserts for only $79.95, as part of the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways promotion.
- Enjoy a cup of afternoon tea at the Russian Tea Room from 2–4:30p.m. daily for a pick-me up after shopping, or enjoy an outdoor lunch at Bryant Park Grill or the recently reopened Joe Allen Restaurant on 46th Street.
- For a quick grab and go option, check out the Queens Night Market OUTPOST at Rockefeller Center through November 30, open 11a.m.–5p.m., Monday through Saturday, or the fish tacos at Seamore’s inside of Urbanspace W52 Food Hall.
- Get an early start on your holiday shopping list at Macy's Herald Square and Saks Fifth Avenue. Enjoy all the other shops along iconic Fifth Avenue as well, from Bergdorf Goodman to Tiffany & Co.
- Just north of Times Square, pay a visit to the retailers at The Shops at Columbus Circle or enjoy some shopping and the "Styling: Black Expression, Rebellion, and Joy Through Fashion" art exhibition at Nordstrom NYC. On view through October 29, the exhibit was created by Bronx-native Diane Smith and pays tribute to the culture and style of Black women.
- Take advantage of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways and enjoy a complimentary gift as well as exclusive offers and discounts at The Shops at Columbus Circle.
- For novice and experienced musicians alike, Guitar Center Times Square offers everything from instruments to accessories to sheet music, as well as repairs and lessons online (in-store lessons are currently unavailable).
- For those unique gifts on your list or for the comic book aficionado, Midtown Comics in Times Square is every collector’s dream, with wall-to-wall comics to choose from.
- A special find, the Kinokuniya New York bookstore in Bryant Park has three floors of Japanese literature, animé and comics, as well as a wide selection of English literature, gifts and toys.
Tours & Other Activities:
- Get your 10,000 steps and discover the history of Times Square on Big Onion Walking Tours' Reclaiming Times Square: From the Deuce to Disney, which explores the neighborhood’s history from the carriage trade to what is now the Great White Way.
- Use code “All in NYC” to receive $5 off an adult ticket as part of the All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways promotion.
- For a more relaxing tour of NYC, take a double decker bus tour with Gray Line CitySightseeing, an open-top Big Bus Tour or the hop-on, hop-off TopView Sightseeing Tours.
- Take advantage of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways deals with 30% off bus tour with Gray Line City Sightseeing, 20 % off select tickets for Big Bus Tours, and Kids go Free on TopView Sightseeing Tours.
- Bryant Park offers 45-minute tours every other Wednesday, departing at 11.am. from the Josephine Shaw Lowell Memorial Fountain, near 41st Street and Sixth Avenue. The walking tour takes you around the park and shows how it has transformed into New York City’s Town Square over the years.
- Do you enjoy discovering some of Manhattan’s hidden secrets? Given an official post in 2012, New York's only fraction of a street – 6½ Avenue – is hidden in Midtown between Sixth and Seventh Avenues. Will you be able to find it?
NYC & Company recently updated the All In NYC: Staycation Guides to include itinerary ideas by neighborhood and theme, as well as mapping tools to further support safe exploration of New York City’s five boroughs. Through a partnership with Mastercard, registered cardholders will be offered a statement credit of up to $100 for qualifying purchases at participating hotels, attractions, local businesses and more, with All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways. Both initiatives are part of NYC & Company’s All In NYC local revitalization effort.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in New York City, visit nycgo.com.
Media Assets: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/3mm9C220gX
By downloading these Media Assets, you are agreeing to the following terms:
NYC & Company is granting you permission for press use only. Any use of the provided Media Assets, in whole or in part, other than for PRESS purposes, is prohibited (including, but not limited to, copying, distribution or sale of these Media Assets). Please note that the Media Assets must not be used for commercial purposes or rebranded in any way without explicit permission from NYC & Company. NYC & Company is providing this to you without any representations as to rights and clearances with regard to third-party rights.