NYC & COMPANY INVITES TRAVELERS AND LOCALS TO EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF THE FIVE BOROUGHS DURING NYC MUST-SEE WEEKSM
—2-for-1 Tickets to 57 Attractions, Museums, Tours and Performing Arts on Sale, Redeemable from January 21 through February 10—
New York City (January 9, 2019) — NYC & Company, New York City’s official destination marketing organization, today announced that tickets are on sale to the public for NYC Must-See Week. Now in its third year, the program has expanded greatly and offers 2-for-1 admission to 57 unique experiences including iconic NYC attractions, popular and lesser-known sites, historic locations, culturally diverse museums, unexpected tours, sightseeing cruises, varied performances and more. A complete list of participants can be reviewed and tickets—valid from January 21 through February 10—can be purchased by visiting nycgo.com/mustseeweek.
“NYC Must-See Week gives locals and visitors inspiration and motivation to get out and explore the City’s leading attractions, cultural organizations, performing arts and more,” said Fred Dixon, president and CEO of NYC & Company. “Fifty-seven 2-for-1 deals across the five boroughs provide world-class offerings at an unbelievable value.”
During NYC Must-See Week, there are options for everyone, including:
- Immersive, one-of-a-kind experiences: Go underwater without ever getting wet at National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey in Times Square or test your espionage skills at Spyscape: Interactive Spy Museum, also in Midtown Manhattan.
- Observation decks: Travel to the top of the Empire State Building Experience or book the One World Observatory for stunning cityscape views from Midtown Manhattan or Lower Manhattan.
- Tranquil retreats: Seek reprieve in the greenest borough, the Bronx, at The New York Botanical Garden or enjoy serenity at antebellum Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden in Lenox Hill, Manhattan.
- Architectural gems: Discover authentic and groundbreaking Himalayan architecture at Staten Island’s Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art or visit the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum Frank Lloyd Wright building, celebrating its 60th anniversary.
- Museum Mile mainstays: Visit the aptly themed Museum of the City of New York or Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum*.
- World-class museums beyond Fifth Avenue: Consider options such as Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Rubin Museum of Art and the Brooklyn Museum.
- Cultural heritage museums: Uncover lesser-known cultural organizations Museum of Chinese in America and the Museum at Eldridge Street Synagogue.
- Family-friendly activities: Enjoy Poppy’s Best Day Ever at DreamWorks Trolls the Experience, zipline at the Bronx Zoo or catch the winter production Odd Day Rain at Tada! Youth Theater.
- Waterfront wonder: Embark on Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises and Hornblower Cruises & Events, two established musts, or board upscale Bateaux New York to elevate the experience with bubbly.
- Historical enrichment: Step back in time at Revolutionary War–era Fraunces Tavern Museum or take a fact-filled Lower Manhattan Tours walk, followed by a visit to the 9/11 Tribute Museum.
- Behind-the-scenes diversions: Partake in the magic and significance of Carnegie Hall Tours, Madison Square Garden All Access Tour or tradition of a famed sports franchise with Yankee Stadium Tours.
- Pop culture: Reserve On Location Tours, The Tour at NBC Studios or a spot with the stars at Madame Tussauds New York.
- Music and performing arts: Attend the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, New York City Ballet, Inc. or Dance Entropy.
- Global connections in NYC: Tour United Nations headquarters or enjoy the melodic Distinguished Concerts International New York.
*Editor’s note at time of publishing: due to the ongoing federal government shutdown, this museum’s participation is pending until further notice.
NYC Must-See Week is produced in partnership with AARP. It will be promoted through out-of-home media across the five boroughs, print and digital advertising, NYC taxicab commercials, content on NYCgo.com and social media posts across regional travel and lifestyle influencer accounts and the organization’s verified handle @nycgo with the hashtag #NYCMustSeeWeek.
Last month, NYC & Company announced the alignment of three signature programs with a new initiative, NYC Winter OutingSM. From January 21 through February 10, NYC Must-See Week, NYC Restaurant Week® (concludes February 8) and NYC Broadway WeekSM will create an irresistible draw for domestic and international travelers as well as NYC residents looking to experience a curated selection of the best of New York City activities, dining and entertainment on a dime. For additional information, interested consumers can visit nycgo.com/winterouting.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization and convention & visitors bureau for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in New York City, visit nycgo.com.
Photo and Creative Assets:
By downloading these Media Assets you are agreeing to the following terms:
NYC & Company is granting you permission for press use only. Any use of the provided Media Assets, in whole or in part, other than for PRESS purposes, is prohibited (including, but not limited to, copying, distribution or sale of these Media Assets). Please note that the Media Assets must not be used for commercial purposes or rebranded in any way without explicit permission from NYC & Company. NYC & Company is providing this to you without any representations as to rights and clearances with regard to 3rd party rights. All imagery should be credited to photographer indicated in file name.