NYC & COMPANY INVITES VISITORS TO CELEBRATE MOTHER’S DAY IN NEW YORK CITY
—Special Hotel Packages and Museum & Attraction Events to Entice Travelers to New York City’s Five Boroughs—
New York City (April 21, 2015) — NYC & Company, New York City’s official marketing, tourism and partnership organization, welcomes locals and visitors to see what New York City has to offer this Mother’s Day weekend. From luxurious hotel packages and unique spa treatments to fun outdoor activities, families looking to celebrate will find plenty to do in the five boroughs. Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 10, is an ideal opportunity to embrace Sunday Night Stays, a NYC & Company program which allows visitors to experience many of the City’s highlights without the hectic pace that characterizes other days of the week. Along with great hotel value, visitors can take advantage of more available restaurant reservations, exclusive Sunday Suppers, the best seats to evening Broadway performances and more. To book a Sunday night stay, saving approximately 25 percent on hotel room rates, and to find out about other special Sunday offers, visit nycgo.com/sundaynightstays.
“Whether visiting with family or a lifelong local, New York City is the perfect destination to celebrate special occasions and there is no limit to one-of-a-kind experiences in NYC this Mother’s Day,” said Fred Dixon, president and CEO of NYC & Company. “All five boroughs are offering special indoor and outdoor activities, at every price point, so all families can show their mothers just how special they are.”
Treat Mom to a fabulous weekend in the five boroughs this Mother’s Day, with one of the following packages or events:
- The Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island invites families to The Mother-of-all Brunches on May 10 at Nicotra’s Ballroom, as well as a special Mother’s Day dinner at Lorenzo’s (nicotrasballroom.com; lorenzosdining.com).
- Le Parker Meridien New York is offering an Underground Pampering Package this Mother’s Day, where moms can enjoy a 60 minute massage or facial at the Moon Shine salon, a signature manicure at 10/10, a blowout at drybar, lunch from petitbluedogcafé and one day use of gravity fitness and the rooftop pool overlooking Central Park (parkermeridien.com).
- The Loews Regency New York Hotel is offering a Parisian Pamper Package, complete with overnight accommodation, an autographed copy of Kate Betts’ newest book “My Paris Dream” and a 2 hour Pamper Package at the Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa. Valid from May 7-12, the package is available for Luxury Room categories and above (loewshotels.com).
- Raise a glass to Mom at the Mandarin Oriental New York with a special Sparkling Flight in the Lobby Lounge in celebration of Mother’s Day. This flight of three tantalizing beverages is available from May 4-10 (mandarinoriental.com).
- Pamper Mom with any of the indulgent packages at The Peninsula Spa at The Peninsula New York, including chocolate scrubs, pedicures, massages, champagne and more (peninsula.com/newyork).
- Join The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, in celebrating Mother’s Day with the Three for Two package where guests can stay three nights for the cost of two, or stay one night in a suite and get the second night 50 percent off. In addition, from April 10-May 9, guests are invited to enter their moms in the Best Mother contest, where Mom could win a variety of prizes including a one-night stay at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, afternoon tea for two, four tickets to the New York Botanical Garden and more (tajhotels.com/thepierre).
- At the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York, moms can indulge at the 19th floor Guerlain Spa with 20 percent off gift cards of $300 or more, a rose take-home gift and a Sunday Brunch in Peacock Alley in the hotel lobby (waldorfnewyork.com).
- History buffs and art-lovers can celebrate Mother’s Day at the Alice Austen House in Staten Island which hosts its annual Mother’s Day arts and craft fair May 8-10, with local artists and craftsmen selling unique handmade jewelry, ceramics, illustrations, and more (aliceausten.org).
- Kids can show Mom just how much they love her by creating special gifts at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan (Ages 4 and under) and the Brooklyn Children’s Museum (Ages 5 and under) on May 11 (cmom.org; brooklynkids.org).
- On Mother’s Day at the Museum of Jewish Heritage Lenore Skenazy, host of Discovery Life’s “World’s Worst Mom,” will offer advice on how to raise free-range kids who are ready to fly the coop before they’re 30 (mjhnyc.org).
- Visitors will receive VIP treatment at the Museum of Modern Art’s annual Mother’s Day event, where families can enjoy breakfast in the Terrace 5 café and partake in exclusive group tours, all before the Museum opens to the public (moma.org).
- Central Park Zoo is hosting a family Mother’s Day party in honor of all of the special moms in and out of the zoo. Visitors can meet a variety of zoo animal moms and their babies and also participate in a scavenger hunt and animal feeding. (tickets.wcs.org).
- Give Mom a Mother’s Day weekend in full bloom. The New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx celebrates on Daffodil Hill, with a garden party for the whole family, including live music, games, picnicking and more (nybg.org).
- On May 10, show Mom the unparalleled NYC skyline on a New York Water Taxi tour, where moms get $5 off when they enter the code NYWTMOTHER (nywatertaxi.com).
- Prospect Park in Brooklyn hosts a Mother's Day Duathlon and runs of various distances including a 5k, 10k and distance run. Sign up with Mom and enjoy a T-shirt and goodie bag as your reward (active.com).
- At the Queens Botanical Garden families can enjoy a Mother’s Day Brunch and craft session where kids can make botanically themed treats before wandering the gardens (queensbotanical.org).
- Historic Wave Hill in the Bronx honors moms all Mother’s Day weekend with a Family Art Project. And, on May 10, embark with mom on a guided promenade through the gardens and woodlands of Wave Hill, and indulge in a Mother’s Day Brunch in Wave Hill House (wavehill.org).
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in NYC, visit nycgo.com.
Contact: NYC & Company / Chris Heywood 212-484-1270
NYC & Company / Britt Hijkoop 212-484-1270