NYC & COMPANY INVITES VISITORS AND LOCALS TO EXPERIENCE THE CITY’S ICONIC ATTRACTIONS DURING NYC MUST-SEE WEEKSM
—2-for-1 Tickets to nearly 70 Attractions, Museums, Tours and Performing Arts on Sale Today and Redeemable January 21 to February 9, 2020—
New York City (January 8, 2020) — NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization of New York City, today announced that tickets are on sale for NYC Must-See Week. Created in 2017 to inspire and incentivize locals and visitors to explore the City’s leading attractions, cultural organizations, tours and performing arts, the program has grown exponentially to offer nearly 70 unique experiences this year that range from the iconic and historic to the lesser-known and unexpected across all the City’s five boroughs. For a complete list of participants and tickets—valid from January 21 to February 9—visit nycgo.com/mustseeweek.
“NYC Must-See Week gives travelers and locals the opportunity to capture lifelong memories at a remarkable value,” said Fred Dixon, president and CEO of NYC & Company. “Seventy 2-for-1 deals across the City on everything from attractions and cultural organizations to performing arts and tours allow the first-time visitor, lifelong New Yorker and everyone in between to discover a new world-class experience at an affordable price.”
For the first time this year, NYC Must-See Week is supported by Mastercard, NYC & Company’s preferred payment partner.
“We are excited to further bring the best of Priceless New York City to cardholders as the sponsor of NYC Must-See Week,” said Cheryl Guerin, executive vice president of North America Marketing & Communications at Mastercard. “Together with NYC & Company we’ll be enabling people from the around the world to enjoy the best attractions, culture, performing arts, and tours New York City has to offer with a 2-for-1 value.”
NYC Must-See Week has more options than ever this year, including:
- Observation decks: Climb to the top of the completely reimagined Empire State Building or One World Observatory for breathtaking views of the world’s most famous skyline.
- World-class performing arts: Take in an iconic show at the New York Philharmonic, New York City Ballet, Lehman Center for the Performing Arts and more.
- Cruises on NYC’s waterfront: Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, Hornblower Bateaux Cruises, Liberty Cruises and more offer various opportunities to experience NYC from the water.
- Peaceful escapes: The New York Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Botanic Garden and Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden provide a serene break from the hustle and bustle of the five boroughs.
- Cultural organizations all over the City: In addition to The Shed, the dynamic new venue at Hudson Yards, check out institutions like the Whitney Museum of American Art, Brooklyn Museum, The Morgan Library & Museum, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Museum of Jewish Heritage and 9/11 Tribute Museum.
- Museum Mile: Fifth Avenue icons the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and Museum of the City of New York are participating again this year.
- Fun for the whole family: Enjoy an unforgettable experience appropriate for children of all ages at Madame Tussauds New York, National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey, Spyscape: Interactive Spy Museum, the Big Apple Circus, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square and more.
- Wildlife discoveries in the concrete jungle: The New York Aquarium, Bronx Zoo and Central Park Zoo allow visitors to check out thousands of species of wild animals without leaving the five boroughs.
- Behind-the-scenes tours: Yankee Stadium Tours, the Radio City Stage Door Tour, Carnegie Hall Tours, the Madison Square Garden All Access Tour, The Tour at NBC Studios and the tour of the United Nations give an insider’s look at NYC icons.
- Unexpected historical sites: At the Revolutionary War–era Fraunces Tavern Museum, the 19th-century Museum at Eldridge Street Synagogue and the 125-year-old Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, visitors can discover some of NYC’s unexpected historical gems.
- Expert guides: Discover New York City with the help of guided excursions offered by On Location Tours, Cititrek, Diverscity Tours, Nowaday!, Inside Out Tours and Like a Local Tours.
In November, NYC & Company announced the return of NYC Winter OutingSM for the second year after an overwhelmingly positive response. NYC Restaurant Week®, NYC Broadway WeekSM and NYC Must-See Week will again align to create a three-week period of ultimate value from January 21 through February 9 with dining, entertainment and attractions available on a dime. Additional information can be found at
NYC Must-See Week is produced by NYC & Company and will include exclusive content on NYCgo.com, out-of-home media throughout the five boroughs and exclusive content on Twitter and Instagram @nycgo, with hashtag #NYCMustSeeWeek. The program will be promoted via LinkNYC screens, PATH Stations and LIRR promotions as well.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in New York City, visit nycgo.com.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. Our global payments processing network connects consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities—such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances—easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Photo and Creative Assets:
By downloading these Media Assets you are agreeing to the following terms:
NYC & Company is granting you permission for press use only. Any use of the provided Media Assets, in whole or in part, other than for PRESS purposes, is prohibited (including, but not limited to, copying, distribution or sale of these Media Assets). Please note that the Media Assets must not be used for commercial purposes or rebranded in any way without explicit permission from NYC & Company. NYC & Company is providing this to you without any representations as to rights and clearances with regard to third-party rights.