NYC & COMPANY LAUNCHES ‘VIRTUAL NYC SITE TOURS’ FOR MEETING PLANNERS
—New Tool on NYCGO.com/MakeItNYC Enables Event Professionals to Conduct Online Site Inspections of Hotels and Event Spaces—
New York City (April 29, 2020) – NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization and convention & visitors bureau for the five boroughs of New York City, is today announcing a new Virtual NYC Site Tours resource for meeting planners and event professionals. Available at nycgo.com/virtualnycsitetours, the online initiative provides an up-to-date listing of businesses offering virtual site inspection tools during the Covid-19 crisis.
“Despite the current challenges and new guidelines that will define the future of events, it remains clear that face-to-face meetings are essential to conducting meaningful business,” said Fred Dixon, NYC & Company’s President and CEO and Co-Chair of the Meetings Mean Business Coalition. “We are pleased to offer this new Virtual NYC Site Tours resource to assist planners in continuing to book New York City for the future from the security of home.”
The following New York City hotels and event spaces, among others, are offering virtual site inspection options:
- New York’s premier convention center, the Javits Center is offering a video tour of the building’s unprecedented expansion, which will add 1.2 million square feet of space upon its expected debut in 2021.
- Meeting planners seeking a boutique hotel experience in downtown Manhattan can explore online resources provided by Andaz Wall Street, The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, and more.
- Classic hotel brands like InterContinental New York Barclay, InterContinental New York Times Square and the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge continue to provide resources for event professionals, during this time of social distancing.
- Planners seeking high-end accommodations for Fortune 500 companies and executive attendees of corporate events can consider The Peninsula New York and The Pierre New York when planning ahead.
- Convene caters to gatherings of up to 615 people, with conference rooms, event spaces and rooms for breakout sessions at various locations citywide, with many of their venues offering 360-degree tours online.
- NYC’s world-class cultural institutions serve as one-of-a-kind event backdrops, including the American Museum of Natural History, Brooklyn Historical Society, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, New Museum, and Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Events, among others.
- For delegates seeking a memorable experience on the water, consider Bateaux New York, Hornblower Cruises & Events, Spirit Cruises and World Yacht.
- For those planning galas and other large events, Manhattan Center and The Times Center are home to high-capacity ballrooms and theaters.
- To tap the NYC rooftop-event trend, consider chic venues such as 230 Fifth and Hotel 50 Bowery’s The Crown bar.
- Those interested in holding their event at a unique venue should look no further than world-renowned sporting arenas Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium; Spring Studios, which serves as the background for many fashion shows during New York Fashion Week; or iconic concert and nightlife venue Webster Hall, which reopened last year after undergoing renovations.
- Glasshouse Chelsea and The Lighthouse are among many venues with views of New York City’s iconic skyline.
“While in-person site visits are not possible at the moment, event professionals can still explore New York City’s unparalleled meeting options online,” said Jerry Cito, NYC & Company’s Executive Vice President of Convention Development. “No matter a group’s size, budget, or needs, the City’s iconic hotels and world-class event spaces are ready to welcome back delegates when the time is right. We hope that this new digital tool–along with the ongoing support of our dedicated team–is helpful in planning ahead.”
Organizations interested in being featured on nycgo.com/virtualnycsitetours can fill out this participation form. Additional resources for meeting planners can be found at nycgo.com/makeitnyc.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in New York City, visit nycgo.com/makeitnyc.
Media Assets: spaces.hightail.com/space/FOjHbwArqb
By downloading these Media Assets, you are agreeing to the following terms:
NYC & Company is granting you permission for press use only. Any use of the provided Media Assets, in whole or in part, other than for PRESS purposes, is prohibited (including, but not limited to, copying, distribution or sale of these Media Assets). Please note that the Media Assets must not be used for commercial purposes or rebranded in any way without explicit permission from NYC & Company. NYC & Company is providing this to you without any representations as to rights and clearances with regard to third-party rights.