NYC & COMPANY'S JÉ-VONNA SAMPSON NAMED TO TOP 30 UNDER 30 FUTURE LEADERS OF DESTINATION ORGANIZATION INDUSTRY
New York City (April 20, 2021) – NYC & Company, New York City’s official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau, is thrilled to announce that Jé-Vonna Sampson, the organization’s Manager, Borough Relations & Member Programs, has been named one of Destinations International’s 2021 30 Under 30 recipients, recognizing her as one of 30 future leaders of the destination organization industry.
“We appreciate Jé-Vonna for all her hard work over the last three and a half years, and especially for her dedication to supporting small neighborhood businesses and marginalized communities across the five boroughs. Being bestowed the 30 Under 30 honor is an extraordinary accolade and we are so proud of Jé-Vonna for her accomplishments,” said NYC & Company President and CEO Fred Dixon.
Jé-Vonna Sampson joined NYC & Company in Fall, 2017. A graduate of Denison University, Sampson is also a proud alumnus of Girls Write Now, New York’s first and only writing and mentoring organization for girls and gender non-conforming youth. Sampson is a resident of Ridgewood, Queens.
“I am grateful for my NYC & Company village who have supported my vision and inspired me to rise to every occasion. I have a love for New York City like no other. It is an absolute honor to be recognized as one of Destinations International's 2021 30 Under 30. I am thrilled to be in the company of such talented young travel professionals,” said Jé-Vonna Sampson.
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry.”
“The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow,” said John Lambeth, President of Civitas and Destinations International Foundation Chair. “We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and for the foundation donors who make programs like these possible for our industry. We look forward to engaging with them through professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year and in the years to come.”
“We are so proud to honor this year’s class in light of the tremendous challenges our industry has experienced,” said Mike Gamble, President and CEO of SearchWide Global. “As we work collectively to rebuild and re-energize, this diverse group of rising leaders will remain essential to the future of destination marketing and management.”
The 2021 30 Under 30 Class includes:
- Imran Ansari, Vice President, Discover Long Island
- Jasmine Armstrong, Hotel Relations Manager, Visit Philadelphia
- Derek Byrne, Social Media Manager, Visit KC
- Rodrigo Carreon, Visitor Services & Marketing Coordinator, Visit Lake Norman
- Emily Deckert, Sales & Marketing Manager, Explore Waterloo Region
- Colleen Dorney, Director of Outreach & Operations, Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
- Zane Harrington, Communications Manager, VisitDallas
- DeShawn Hewgley, Visitor Services Manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
- Mariah Hickman, Marketing Manager, New Orleans & Co.
- Lauren Huffer, Partnership Services Manager, VISIT DENVER
- Alicia Leamer, Visitor Information Services Manager, Travel Juneau
- Jason Letwin, Research and Performance Manager, Explore Edmonton
- Silei Li Manager, Advertising, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Shannon Lowery, Content & Social Media Manager, Visit Savannah
- Bree Nidds, Vice President of Sales, Discover Lehigh Valley
- Manuel Pimentel, Multimedia Coordinator, Discover Puerto Rico
- Zeke Ramsell, Manager, Convention Sales, SF Travel
- Mara Rodas, Sales Coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Lacee Rudd, Public Relations Manager, Visit Panama City Beach
- Jé-Vonna Sampson, Manager, Borough Relations & Member Programs, NYC & Company
- Maria Santos, Manager, Global Marketing Programs, Brand USA
- Mary Sayewich, Manager, Project Services, Ottawa Tourism
- Elizabeth Shanaman, VP Research & Market Analysis, Visit York County
- Caleb Sullivan, Sales and Marketing Manager, Jackson County Tourism Development Authority
- Nate Swick, Communications Manager, Visit Indy
- Chase Wharton, Business Development Manager, Visit Tri-Cities
- Chelsea Whitman, Meeting Sales Manager, Visit Anaheim
- Leonard Williams, Experience Satisfaction Coordinator, Bermuda Tourism Authority
- Jeffrey Yau, Senior International Tourism Sales Manager, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Emily Zertuche, Vice President of Marketing, Visit Corpus Christi
Now in its 11th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, MMGY Global, Northstar Meetings Group and Pandora. For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2021 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible. For more information visit destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with almost 6,000 members and partners from nearly 600 destinations in 15 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association: exchanging bold ideas, connecting innovative people and elevating tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit destinationsinternational.org.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For more information, visit nycgo.com.