NEW YORK CITY VENUES PREPARE TO WELCOME MEETINGS, CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS WITH HYBRID HOSTING MODELS
—Offerings Combine Remote and In-Person Options to Safely Host Delegates and Event Attendees—
New York City (September 21, 2020) – NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the five boroughs of New York City, is spotlighting NYC venues that are preparing to safely and effectively host meetings, conventions and events in accordance with public health guidance and regulations, by offering hybrid hosting programs that allow for both remote and in-person attendance. From the Javits Center to unique studios and meeting spaces to Broadway, these offerings enable meeting and event organizers to reach smaller local audiences in person, with larger numbers participating virtually.
“New York City has long been a premier meetings and events destination, and our world-class venues have adapted to meet the current moment with innovative new hybrid models that will help us to safely welcome meeting delegates and event attendees back to the five boroughs once again,” said Fred Dixon, President and CEO of NYC & Company and Co-Chair of the Meetings Mean Business Coalition.
Venues are developing and implementing best-in-class cleaning procedures, social distancing protocols and other health and safety standards to ensure the well-being of employees and guests. Delegates visiting the five boroughs are encouraged to wear masks, practice social distancing and frequently wash and sanitize hands, as indicated in NYC & Company’s Stay Well NYC Pledge.
“As we look forward to welcoming larger groups back to New York City in the future, we are able to bring the only-in-NYC meeting and event experience directly to delegates, no matter where they are in the world, through these hybrid offerings,” added Jerry Cito, Executive Vice President of Convention Development at NYC & Company.
- The Javits Center is preparing to host events once again, implementing extensive health and safety protocols and procedures and providing new offerings, including a state-of-the-art broadcast studio available for hybrid or virtual events. Construction on the convention center’s 1.2-million-square-foot expansion has resumed, and the new broadcast studio can accommodate up to 300 attendees with social distancing measures in place.
- AMA’s virtual meeting package enables organizers to produce and livestream events to more than 300 global attendees, from their New York conference center in Midtown Manhattan.
- Convene, which is a premium meetings, events, and workplace provider, has 14 venue locations in New York City and offers full-scale packages for designing and executing seamless hybrid events. Convene recently launched a proprietary Virtual Meetings platform, which includes audience engagement tools and a dedicated team of Virtual Meeting Producers, and integrates fully into their Hybrid Meetings offering.
- In partnership with technology provider Glisser, etc.venues is offering flexible hybrid event packages including venue facilities at their 360 Madison location, audience engagement and insights, and more.
- At Gotham Hall in Herald Square and Ziegfeld Ballroom in Midtown, meeting and event planners can select from different hybrid offerings, from on-site live events to prerecorded video streams to studio production with remote presentations.
- Planners can produce live broadcast events from Manhattan Center, which, in partnership with Metro Multimedia, offers livestreams across digital platforms, web hosting, studio spaces and more
- Broadway’s Shubert Virtual Studios brings together physical stage-studios and cutting-edge livestreaming services to hold great live events with extended digital audiences.
- Soho’s Spring Studios, which hosted New York Fashion Week September 13-17 with a mix of live and virtual fashion shows, has a new content production studio titled Studio X, which is available for livestreamed events.
- Virtual and hybrid capabilities at Studio 525 in Chelsea include live or prerecorded presentations from full broadcast studios, virtual breakout sessions, an in-house podcast studio and more.
- The Times Center has a new production service providing planners remote event offerings as well as options to host virtual events from the venue’s soundstage, allowing organizers to livestream an event to attendees online.
In addition, NYC & Company recently launched the Virtual NYC Site Tours resource for meeting and event planners, providing an up-to-date listing of businesses offering virtual site inspection tools during the Covid-19 crisis.
As part of NYC & Company’s All In NYC hospitality and tourism revitalization effort, the Stay Well NYC Pledge creates transparency around standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure that locals and visitors know that New York City, including the hospitality, tourism, meetings and events, arts, culture and entertainment sectors, are aligned on public health protocols and cleaning standards.
In accordance with Phase 4 of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s New York Forward plan, group gatherings of 50 people or less, at under 33 percent of the venue’s capacity, are currently permitted in New York City. Travelers arriving from US states with a significant degree of community-spread infection must complete a Department of Health traveler form and comply with the state’s 14-day quarantine.
To learn more about planning meetings, conventions and events in New York City and to connect with a member of the team, visit nycgo.com/makeitnyc.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in New York City, visit nycgo.com.
Media Assets: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/kDSIh8JoRC
By downloading these Media Assets, you are agreeing to the following terms:
NYC & Company is granting you permission for press use only. Any use of the provided Media Assets, in whole or in part, other than for PRESS purposes, is prohibited (including, but not limited to, copying, distribution or sale of these Media Assets). Please note that the Media Assets must not be used for commercial purposes or rebranded in any way without explicit permission from NYC & Company. NYC & Company is providing this to you without any representations as to rights and clearances with regard to third-party rights.