NYC & COMPANY ANNOUNCES NEW YORK CITY HOTEL PACKAGES IN CELEBRATION OF FASHION’S NIGHT OUT 2011
—More Than 30 Hotels Will Offer Exclusive Deals in Celebration of the Third Annual Citywide Shopping Event—
New York City (August 10, 2011)—NYC & Company, New York City's marketing, tourism and partnership organization, today announced that more than 30 NYC hotels will offer exclusive packages between August 15 and September 30 in celebration of the third annual Fashion’s Night Out, an initiative developed to boost the fashion and retail industry’s economic impact. To increase visitation and participation in New York City’s FNO event, for the second year certain hotels will create unique lodging experiences, featuring complimentary cocktails, complimentary dinner, continental breakfast, spa treatments, access to style consultants, shopping discounts and more. Hotel properties participating in this year’s celebration include 6 Columbus, a Thompson Hotel; The Gem Hotel SoHo; Loews Regency Hotel; Hilton New York Fashion District; The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park; the Trump SoHo New York; and the Westin New York at Times Square. Last year, the average hotel occupancy rate for August and September reached 89%, a nearly 5% increase over the year-end average for 2010. For the full list of detailed hotel offers, visit nycgo.com/fashionsnightout.
“Last year, roughly 20% of consumers who enjoyed FNO in NYC were visitors from out of town,” said NYC & Company CEO George Fertitta. “It makes perfect sense to welcome back the participation of our hotels in the citywide celebration of Fashion’s Night Out—an important event that contributes to the vitality of NYC’s economy. These unique hotel packages are just one more way and more reason to visit New York City—the world’s fashion capital—for a unique evening of late-night shopping and fun.”
Hotel packages available in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out can be booked between August 15 and September 30. Some highlights include:
- InterContinental New York Times Square:
- In-room, one-hour blowout with personal hair stylist
- Pre-outing cocktails in Ca Va Brasserie
- Car service to FNO events on September 8
- Loews Regency New York:
- Complimentary cocktails at The Library
- Sweet treat from New York's famed Dylan's Candy Bar
- VIP access to NYC celebrity nightclub Tenjune
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel:
- Two tickets to a fashion show and after-party by designer Rachel Cassar
- VIP access to 48 Lounge and two complimentary cocktails (up to $18 each)
- The Setai Fifth Avenue:
- Choice of 60-minute Rose Crystal Facial or Swedish Massage (for one person during length of stay)
- 20% off any service at Auriga Spa
- Personal assistant pre-/post-departure
- Access to hotel's chauffeur-driven Maserati
- W Hotels of New York (W New York, W Times Square, W Union Square, W Downtown):
- Tickets to an exclusive FNO photo exhibit at W Times Square
- Personal portrait by fashion photographer Annemarieke van Drimmelen (limited to first 10 package bookings)
- Champagne upon arrival in quest room
On September 8, Fashion’s Night Out in New York City will feature hundreds of retailers staying open late and hosting unique in-store celebrations that include designer appearances, celebrity guests, fashion shows, musical performances and more. In the United States, the program is a collaboration between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company and the City of New York.
New York City’s fashion and retail industry remains one of its largest and most prominent sectors, employing 165,000 people, accounting for 5.5% of NYC’s workforce and generating $9 billion in total wages in 2009. The five boroughs serve as headquarters to over 900 fashion companies.
Visit nycgo.com/fashionsnightout to learn more about Fashion’s Night Out in NYC. Visit fashionsnightout.com, powered by QVC, on August 15 to view the entire list of Fashion’s Night Out participants celebrating on September 8, 2011.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide.
Contact: Chris Heywood/NYC & Company 212.484.1270