From Brooklyn’s vibrant social scene, SoHo’s expansive fashion offering and Queens’ diverse culinary scene, there is never a shortage of cultural enrichment and history to be discovered in New York City. There is much to see at every corner you turn across the five boroughs and that is what makes it second to none.
As neighborhoods across NYC continue to develop, NYC & Company is pleased to share some exciting news on one of the City’s most well-known areas, Midtown Manhattan. Known for its bustling neighborhood, Midtown is adding new attractions and destinations that will appeal to artists, sports fanatics, music lovers, foodies, families and more. Find some key highlights of what’s new below.
Please also find imagery of the featured attractions here.
Families of All Ages
● SPYSCAPE: Set to open February 16, families can enjoy the world’s largest interactive spy museum featuring world class artifacts, technology and experiences. Visitors will be able to test hacking, code breaking and espionage skills to discover their inner James Bond. spyscape.com.
● National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey: The National Geographic is known for its unique storytelling and they’re expanding those abilities using cutting-edge technology in its Ocean Odyssey experience. Visitors are transported on an underwater journey - without getting wet - through this interactive attraction. natgeoencounter.com.
● Gulliver’s Gate: Finding it hard to accomplish your travel goals? The new Gulliver’s Gate attraction has visitors covered with its exhibit featuring miniature 3-D replicas of iconic global landmarks, allowing them to visit the entire world in Times Square. Take a trip to world wonders such as the Hoover Dam, the Colosseum, the Pyramids, the Great Wall of China and many more all in one place. gulliversgate.com.
The Experience Seeker
● MOXY NYC Times Square: Marriott Hotels and the TAO Group are behind one of Manhattan’s hottest new hotels, The Moxy. One of NYC’s most Instagrammable places, the space holds multiple culinary + bar options and a carnival-themed year-round rooftop equipped with a miniature putt putt course and real-life carousel. Valentine’s Day plans, anyone? moxy-hotels.marriott.com.
● Opry City Stage: It is impossible to not have a memorable time at Opry City Stage, the 27,000-square-foot entertainment complex dedicated to country music and Southern culture. Equipped with a full bar, Southern-themed food menu, and a listening room for intimate live shows, Opry City Stage brings the Southern charm to the heart of NYC. oprycitystage.com.
Arts & Culture
● The Museum of Modern Art Renovation: As the first phase of the MoMA’s three-year expansion plan is now complete, art lovers can now experience three floors of newness in the Museum which will be devoted to exhibitions and installations from its collection. The fully renovated space is set to be completed and open in 2019. moma.org.
● NFL Experience Times Square: The NFL Experience is the destination for football fanatics that are not ready to let football season go just yet. With a 4D “Stadium” theater, interactive displays, physical challenges and more, visitors can release their inner football star at this first-of-its-kind attraction. nflexperience.com.
Contact: NYC & Company/Kim Klein 212-484-1270