THIS WEEK NYC & COMPANY WELCOMES MORE THAN 54,000 DENTISTS TO NEW YORK CITY FOR GREATER NEW YORK DENTAL MEETING
—600 Exhibitors to Attend Nation’s Largest Dental Meeting November 28-December 3, With More Than 1,500 Booths at Jacob K. Javits Center—
New York City (November 25, 2014) – This week, NYC & Company, the City’s official marketing, tourism and partnership organization, welcomes the largest dental congress and exposition in the United States, the Greater New York Dental Meeting (GNYDM), to New York City. From November 28–December 3, more than 54,000 attendees will visit the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center of New York for the meeting, where 600 exhibitors will host appointments and demonstrations, offering attendees the opportunity to learn about new dental products and technology from around the world.
“We are thrilled to welcome the 2014 Greater New York Dental Meeting back to New York City,” said Fred Dixon, president & CEO of NYC & Company. “Conventions and trade shows are crucial economic drivers for the City and are important contributors to the growth of our thriving tourism industry. The Greater New York Dental Meeting is an ideal opportunity for professionals from around the world to experience the vibrancy of New York City while enjoying our world-class accommodations, restaurants and attractions.”
Starting this Friday, the GNYDM offers its Annual World Implant Congress to facilitate the education of dental professionals to all aspects of Implantology. The expanded exhibit floor includes the sale of implants, associated materials and technology solutions. The GNYDM promotes sales opportunities domestically and, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce International Buyer Program, provides the opportunity to meet many worldwide senior level volume buyers and interact with specialist export counselors from the U.S. government.
“As the largest dental congress and healthcare meeting in the United States, dental professionals from around the world should not miss the unrivaled educational programs taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Center this weekend,” said Dr. Robert R. Edwab, Executive Director, Greater New York Dental Meeting. “The Greater New York Dental Meeting is thrilled to celebrate its 90th anniversary in New York City, and encourages the more than 54,000 dentists and exhibitors arriving this Friday to make the most of their visit to NYC.”
In 2014, New York City is expected to welcome an estimated 6.1 million meeting and convention delegates, up from 5.9 million delegates who spent approximately $5 billion in the five boroughs in 2013. An important contributor to New York City’s tourism industry, MICE visitation from around the globe continues to increase each year.
The GNYDM will use its expertise in educational programming to include seminars, hands-on-workshops, “Live” patient demonstrations and technology pavilions to increase the market for implant solutions through multimedia event programming. Highlights include:
· ColLABoration brings dentists and technicians together by providing a designated laboratory exhibit area on the GNYDM Exhibit Floor, and specialized education, demonstrations, digital dentistry and technology to engage technicians and dentists’ side-by-side in an integrated, hands-on experience.
· A Monday Celebrity Luncheon, featuring Soledad O’Brien, the award winning journalist, documentarian, news anchor and producer.
· 8 “Live” Patient Demonstration Sessions in the “Live” Dentistry Arena, a 450-seat high-tech patient demonstration area. The demonstration offers revolutionary concepts of treating patients with new materials and applications, and takes place right on the exhibit show floor every morning and afternoon, Sunday through Wednesday.
· Women's Program: Challenges Facing the Female Dentist, a program that includes personal stories and professional advice on women’s lifestyles in Dentistry.
· Botox, Dysport and Dermal Filler Seminars and Demonstrations, introducing procedures on actual patients to teach Dentists’ skills on how to use Botox/Dysport and Dermal Fillers in their practices. Offered Sunday-Wednesday.
· Over 100 hands-on workshops featuring the latest technological advances and the newest Dental materials.
· Invisalign Expo, a four-day course teaching how to incorporate Invisalign into dental practices. Sunday-Tuesday.
· Free Certified Education Credits can be earned by walking through the four-day exhibit floor or attending a poster session on Sunday. Attendees can also learn about Hospital Residency Programs throughout the Northeast by attending Sunday’s Residency Fair.
To register or learn more, visit www.gnydm.com.
About NYC & Company
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For more information, visit www.nycgo.com.
About Jacob K. Javits Convention Center of New York
Known as the “Marketplace for the World,” the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center of New York was designed by I.M. Pei & Partners and opened in 1986. The iconic facility has since become New York City’s primary venue for large conventions, trade shows and special events and serves as home to many of the world’s top 250 trade shows, hosting millions of visitors a year. L These large-scale events generate up to $1.5 billion in annual economic activity for New York City and New York State, supporting as many as 14,000 jobs in and around the facility. Located on 11th Avenue between 34th and 40th sts., the Javits Center has 840,000 square feet of total exhibition space, 102 meeting rooms and four banquet halls, as well as a range of telecommunications services, including WiFi access. For more information, visit www.javitscenter.com.
Contact: NYC & Company / Britt Hijkoop 212-484-1270
GNYDM / Jayme Spicciatie 212-398-6922